Thursday, January 14, 2010

So What Else Did I Eat?

So with all of the noodle soup I was ingesting, you'd think there'd be room for little else. Au contraire mon frere. The food throughout the journey was delicious, and I tried just about everything placed in my path. Soups, stir frys and curries of every variety; pad Thai; spring rolls - fresh and fried; basket after basket of sticky rice; fish, sausage, veggies; fresh, fresh fruit. There was a scale in one of my hotel rooms. Needless to say, I didn't use it.

And if I may, I'd like to recommend and excellent book if you want some insight to my culinary experiences on this trip, learn more about the scrumptious food in this part of the world, and read a lovely account of the Lao people and country as well: Ant Egg Soup, The Adventures of a Food Tourist in Laos. It's an excellent read - I couldn't put it down.

















No comments:

Post a Comment